- Jordan Staal was an animal. We might have something here with him on Evgeni Malkin's line. His goal reminded me of the one in Game 4 of last year's Finals.
- Tyler Kennedy looked good. He had his usual energy, but his goal was particularly nice, whizzing around the Philly defense and cutting to the net for a nice redirection.
- Sidney Crosby was 21 of 24 on faceoffs.
- Staal, Bill Guerin, and Alex Goligoski all scored their first goals of the season. Goligoski's was more of a formality....
- as Ray Emery and Braydon Coburn teamed up to score on themselves. Coburn was awful tonight, and Emery is shaky in general.
- The Flyers' defense, even with Chris Pronger, is very mistake prone and unreliable.
- Hartnell can expect serious retribution if he's not suspended the next time these teams meet. Nothing's certain, but if he bit Letang, he's a criminal.
- "Crosby Sucks!"
- Two points is two points, and it's nice to take them from anticipated competition for a divisional title like the Flyers. These are essentially four point games.
Thursday, October 8, 2009
Bush-league antics not enough for Flyers as Pens take two points
First of all, that was a big-time win. The Flyers are a very good team, and the Penguins outplayed them pretty easily and got a huge road win. The postgame garbage from the Flyers is generally to be expected, but if Scott Hartnell actually bit Kris Letang, it's one of the more disgusting things I've ever seen on a hockey rink, and I've seen a lot of them.