Friday, August 22, 2008

Predicting the Pens' opening night lines

The start of training camp is coming fast, and I just wanted to throw out my thoughts as to the Penguins lineup on opening day in Sweden. So here I go. Feel free to add your own thoughts. Many questions remain as to who makes the team, so this is very preliminary.

Pesonen-Crosby-Satan
Staal-Malkin-Sykora
Dupuis-Talbot-Cooke
Kennedy-Taffe-Godard

Gonchar-Orpik
Letang-Gill
Eaton-Scuderi
Sydor

MAF
Sabourin

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Pez on the first line by the end of the year but I doubt he'll be on the first line to start the season.

Nice job on the rest though.

The Big K said...

Thanks.

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out in camp.

Toad268 said...

I agree and disagree, I think Goligoski will crack the lineup and they will trade Sydor for someone or picks. I see Staal centering his third line and Fedotenko making Geno's line in for Malone. I like the first line though. I think that is a good possibility.

The Big K said...

I don't know about the D.

I just don't get the impression that Sydor would be moved, at least not until Ryan Whitney heals up.

Regina Dunlop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Regina Dunlop said...

I'm doubting Golgi showing up on D for a while. We don't need him yet. It's not like the time when we were having trouble with defensemen. We have Eaton, Gonchar, Orpik, Sydor, Letang, Gill, and Scuderi. Those are all solid defensemen with more experience and are more practical. Golgi has time no need to rush the kid. Remember Letang played a few games before last season and he wasn't exactly perfect.

Yeah, I'm curious to see were Pesonen ends up ... also, I've heard a lot of Caputi talk recently. I think he might even get bumped up later in the season. He models his game after Ryan Malone, so he would be great (plus, he's a Stoosh pick. You can't go wrong with Stoosh picks *smiles*)

P.S. BigK congrats on the spot on Face-off Factor! I didn't get to say it before because I'm cramming school work *laughs*

Anonymous said...

fed.. a.. tank oh.

The Big K said...

Sorry.

It was late when I wrote that.
Don't know what I was thinking.

My bad.