Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Thank You Penguins

Just a horrific effort tonight on home ice.  There is no point in anger now.  There is nothing left.  The fact is that everything that could have gone wrong tonight did go wrong.  The Pens were just beaten by a better team this series, plain and simple.  The Penguins gave it a hell of a fight to the very end.  But when the final score of the final game came out, it just became evident that the Pens were outplayed in every facet.  Outhit.  Outshot.  OUTCOACHED.  Outplayed.  You name it, the Wings did it this series.  

All of that said, this team will be back.  You know they will.  We have seen the last of some Pens now.  I won't speculate on who they are, but you know somebody will be gone.  

UPDATE:

I stopped writing after Sergei Gonchar scored his goal with a minute and change left.  The Penguins literally fought to the last second as I said before.  Henrik Zetterberg is the Conn Smythe winner.  Well deserved.  What a player he is.  The Pens fans are being very classy, showing their appreciation for a great season.  No sense in anger as was said.  

The Pens came a long way this season.  A hell of a long way.  

Congrats Wings.

More to come.  


3 comments:

Regina Dunlop said...

First ...

Upsetbuthappywemadeitthisfarblog.

Malkin started kickin' it into high gear but I know he hurting (physically and emotionally)

I can't wait until next season ... *hugs all Pens players* *they issue a restraining order*

In the Penguins Organization I Still Trust!

The Big K said...

We'll be back.

Regina Dunlop said...

@BigK: I know ...

This one hurts more than last year's loss, though ...

I need a drink and it's only a bit after noon (and I'm underage ...)

*laughs*

I can see it next year ...