The Pens today made three key moves. They signed Ruslan Fedotenko to a one year deal worth 2.5 million dollars, and Miroslav Satan to a one year deal worth 3.5 million dollars. It is said that Satan called the Pens yesterday because of his desire to play here. Both have solid career numbers, and Fedotenko scored both Tampa goals to be the hero of the Stanley Cup Finals in 2004, game seven.
But the biggest move of the day was not signing top six wingers.
The biggest move of the day was the signing of Marc-Andre Fleury for 7 years, 35 mil.
That's the way MAF to not be greedy like Ho$$a, and show some loyalty.
We have a lot to look forward to, with Orpik, Whitney, Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury here for a long, long, long time.
Below is footage of Miroslav Satan's 300th goal, against the Pens. He has spent his career scattered around Buffalo, Edmonton, and Long Island.
Below here is Fedotenko, changing lives last year against the Rangers.
The Pens have filled the Blowssa void.
Very solid work, Shero.
More may be coming.
Fedotenko Player Page
Satan Player Page
As of this second, with no other deals, having been made, here's my best guess, as to what the lines will be on opening night in Sweden.
Talbot-Crosby-Satan
Fedotenko-Malkin-Sykora
Dupuis-Staal-Kennedy
Stone-Brent-Godard
Gonchar-Orpik
Letang-Whitney
Scuderi-Eaton
Gill
Fleury
Sabourin
Just a guess.
But the biggest move of the day was not signing top six wingers.
The biggest move of the day was the signing of Marc-Andre Fleury for 7 years, 35 mil.
That's the way MAF to not be greedy like Ho$$a, and show some loyalty.
We have a lot to look forward to, with Orpik, Whitney, Crosby, Malkin, and Fleury here for a long, long, long time.
Below is footage of Miroslav Satan's 300th goal, against the Pens. He has spent his career scattered around Buffalo, Edmonton, and Long Island.
Below here is Fedotenko, changing lives last year against the Rangers.
The Pens have filled the Blowssa void.
Very solid work, Shero.
More may be coming.
Fedotenko Player Page
Satan Player Page
As of this second, with no other deals, having been made, here's my best guess, as to what the lines will be on opening night in Sweden.
Talbot-Crosby-Satan
Fedotenko-Malkin-Sykora
Dupuis-Staal-Kennedy
Stone-Brent-Godard
Gonchar-Orpik
Letang-Whitney
Scuderi-Eaton
Gill
Fleury
Sabourin
Just a guess.
7 comments:
First, I'm not much of a fan of Fedotenko but I could get used to them 2.
I don't like Talbot on that top line because that's like putting Army on the top line ... I like Staal as a center a lot, so I don't want to move him ... but we will have to wait and see what else goes down ...
BTW: Free Candy was my 2nd favorite to Bugsy, so you're in good company, and I don't mind your Hossa hatred. I found it funny because that was the longest hate post I have read *laughs*
In Shero I Trust!
What would you suggest as line combos?
Post them.
I'm curious.
Btw Sydor or Scuds is getting traded very soon for a winger. I have that feeling.
switch brent with taffe
I'd say though(if jagr returns)
(Jagr)-Crosby-Satan
Fedotenko-Malkin-Sykora
Dupuis-Staal-Kennedy
Taffe-Talbot-Goddard
if not:
Dupuis-Crosby-Satan
Fedotenko-Malkin-Sykora
Talbot-Staal-Kennedy
James-Taffe-Godard
D:
Gonchar-Eaton
Orpik-Whitney
Letang-Gill
Good point. I forgot how good Eaton and Gonch were together before Eaton's season ended.
My lines ... eh, I would have been better last season with that but here goes the horror of Kaspar coming up with lines ...
Staal/Crosby/Satan
Fedotenko/Malkin/Sykora
Dupuis/Talbot/Kennedy
Stone/Brent/Godard
Gonchar/Orpik
Eaton/Whitney
Letang/Gill-Scuds
*With offensive lines ... I hate, hate, hate moving Staal but we have solid centers and if we don't pick up another winger, Staal is an option. I like him better than Talbot on the top line because Staal has more potential. The 3rd line is energy. Shero told Taffe we aren't signing him (according to GoingFiveHole), so I brought up Brent. Stone is more of a hitter than James.
*Now my Defensive pairings, I know Sarge and Eaton played together in every season Eaton's been here before he got attacked, but I want Whit to have someone defensively responsible with him. If he makes a mistake, Eaton will make it seem like nothing happened. Orpik and Gonchar have been together and have chemistry. And the option of Gill or Scuds gives gives Letang the freedom to be the offensive minded defensemen. Sydor is my 8th man.
Here is some Jagr news (or lack there of ...)
Jagr following Sundin's example
Jags is now in Omsk.
It was fun while it lasted!
And he did end his career in Pitts.
Plus good lines.
Post a Comment