Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pens topple Flyers to open playoffs

That was about as dominating a performance as we could have hoped for.

I was at the game, so the recap isn't going to be very playoff-esque. I'll just offer a few observations.

-Kennedy has developed into the kind of player every team would love to have.
-Staal and his line were significantly better than Philly's Briere-Giroux-Asham line.
-Crosby and Malkin were their usual selves.
-It's hard not to be excited at the prospect of playing Martin Biron for the rest of the series.
-Not shockingly, the Flyers gooned it up at the end; the Pens didn't back down.

Better recap coming Friday.

Let's Go Pens.

6 comments:

Erika Zimmerman said...

I was there, too.
Brooks Orpik was a BEAST...he destroyed Scott Hartnell's life, like, 5 times. hahaha. so epic.

The Big K said...

Oh, I see.

What section?

Erika Zimmerman said...

C5, and you?

Anonymous said...

ahh i was there too :)
i had a BLAST!
my first pens playoff hockey game =]

The Big K said...

B20

Anonymous said...

i was in c19 ALLLLL the way in the back, like literally the last row before standing room